The Instagram stories are in vogue, is no doubt of that, these short videos are the new format to share content by the social network Instagram and that are available for everyone only makes them more interesting. In addition, they have already announced that Instagram stories can be answered with other videos and photos.
Despite the criticism for its obvious similarities with Snapchat, there are already more than 15 million active users.
But, what are Instagram stories?
They are a new functionability of Instagram to share videos or temporary photos, which disappear after 24 hours of their publication. Not only can you upload videos and photos, but also create bumerans (videos in GIF format), add emojis, stickers and drawings to adorn them and make them more eye-catching.
Thanks to these functionabilitys, Instagram’s perspective has changed to a visual place where people share their day-to-day adventures and experiences with their followers.
And, why do we have to start making ads in Instagram stories?
Let’s analyze the following data to understand the popularity of Instagram stories:
-More than 600 million people worldwide use Instagram every month.
-More than 400 million people worldwide use Instagram every day
-60% of people to learn new things about Instagram products and services.
-75% of people take action after being inspired by a Instagram publication
It is clear that Instagram has become a great platform to promote our products to more than 1 billion users who are connected sharing content, spending their time and communicating with their friends. It’s definitely a good place to do marketing and business.
So, we started posting stories to promote our followers. But what happens to those who do not follow our profile on Instagram?. The Instagram stories are only available to be seen by the followers of an account, leaving out a lot of public who might be interested in what we have to offer you.
That’s where the ads for Instagram stories take the limelight. Remember that since Instagram began to become part of Facebook have the same benefits of segmentation as Facebook ads. So you can be sure: your ad will reach your ideal client.
So, let’s get to work. How can you design an ad for Instagram stories?
You don’t have to be a professional designer. Starting with photos-ads is the simplest and most effective way to start.
1. First, go to https://creator.klobic.com/ and register completely for free.
2. Then select the “Custom Size” option.
3. After the editor opens, enter the width and height of the ads: in the Instagram stories the recommended size is: 1080 pixels (width) x 1920 pixels (height). Click “Apply”.
4. Now, we must choose a background, locate the “Add image” icon in the left sidebar. You can scroll until you find one you like. Click and change the size to cover the entire canvas.
5. Add a little color. On the left sidebar, select the “Add Shape” icon. Click and select a rectangular layer, add it on top of our background image. Then in the floating menu choose the color you want and add a little bit of opacity. We select a light blue color and add 60% opacity.
6. It’s time to add some text, click on the “Add text” icons and select the header you like best. Write your message and edit the size, color and font of your choice
7. Ready! We already have the first part of our Instagram stories created. But, we can’t stop there, let’s add an indicative arrow that there’s more we want to show our audience. Click on “Add Shape” and select an arrow-shaped clipart.
8. Finally, we click on “Save”. We assign a name and save it with the “Save template” option. With this option we create a template that will serve as a guide for the other images of the ads.
Congratulations! You already created the first part of your Instagram stories.
Again you click on “Save” and this time you only select the “Save” option. Klobic will take you to the dashboard with all your designs.
9. Finally you must position the pointer on top of the banner. Click on the download icon and download your image in PNG format.
10. Ready! Make your own ad for Instagram stories.
And most importantly, how to set up ads in Instagram stories?
Important NOTE: It is essential to use the Bussiness Manager of Facebook to create and publish ads.
For now, the only goal available for creating ads in Instagram stories is “scope.”
Go to the “Ad Manager” and click “Create AD”. Select the target “reach” and enter a campaign name. You click “Continue”.
Assigns a descriptive name in “Ad set name”. and select a page to which the ad will be connected in addition to selecting or creating your target audience.
In “Locations” select “Edit Locations”. In the options that appear to select only “Instagram” and then “stories”.
Enter all the necessary data in the “Budget and Calendar” section. Click “Continue”.
In the next section, enter the name of your ad and select the format “a single image”.
Finish configuring your ad, make a final review and ready! You have designed and configured your first ad in Instagram stories.